Join us for the final session of our free, three-part series designed for community organizations who are embarking on a facility project.
Session 3: Deeper Dive: Path to Nonprofit Ownership
March 9, 2023 - 10am-11:30am
This session takes us deeper into what it takes to put your organization on the path to buying a building. Together, we will review:
- How to get ready to buy
- The real estate development process and timeline
- Financing options and strategies (putting together your capital stack)
- Legal structures for shared ownership
- Best practices for assembling your development and governance teams: who helps and makes decisions and when
- Asset management and responsibilities of ownership
These workshops are ideal for executive directors, senior managers, and board members who are looking for real estate solutions for their organization. Executive directors and board chairs are strongly encouraged to attend together. We recommend that you attend all three sessions of this series, but each workshop will still provide valuable information if attended on its own.